- An experiment is a situation involving chance or probability that leads to results called outcomes.
- An outcome is the result of a single trial of an experiment.
- An event is one or more outcomes of an experiment.
- Probability is the measure of how likely an event is.
- In the problem above, the experiment is spinning the spinner.
- The possible outcomes are landing on yellow, blue, green or red.
- One event of this experiment is landing on blue.
- The probability of landing on blue is one fourth.