- "2 cans vegetarian Refried Beans
- 2 cups Guacamole (store bought or homemade)
- 2 cups fresh organic Corn Kernals
- 1 can organic whole Black Beans (drained and mixed with:)
- 1 tbsp organic Taco Seasoning.
- 1/4 cup fresh or pickled Jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups Salsa, Pico de Gallo or fresh chopped Roma Tomatoes
- 2 cups smooth & tangy organic Hummus of your choice
- 1/4 cup Scallions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup sliced Black Olives
Using a glass casserole or serving dish, begin layering ingredients in the order they are presented above, beans first and olives last. Spread refried beans evenly over the bottom of dish. Spread a layer of guacamole next. Sprinkle the corn kernals and then top those with the whole black beans.
Now, evenly scatter the jalapeno, followed by the chopped cilantro, reserving a little for garnish. Add the salsa/pico or tomatoes next. If using fresh tomatoes, reserve some for garnish. Gently spread and even layer of hummus. Sprinkle scallions and black olives decoratively over the top. Add the reserved tomato and cilantro garnishes last.
Serve with tortilla chips and fresh lime wedges.
*I like to use cilantro-jalapeno or creamy plain hummus for this recipe. Sometimes it's nice to add a squeeze of lemon or lime to store-bought hummus to give it an added acidic tang.
*A nice variation is to use sweet red pepper hummus and instead of the chopped jalapeno, use fresh chopped red bell pepper."