Translate

Search the site

Saturday, June 28, 2014

GMO-Awareness (dot) com

"I love to cook, I love to eat, and most of all I love to nurture my friends by expanding their bellies and their minds in roughly equivalent proportions.

But lately I’ve noticed our food needs some nurturing too, if it’s going to keep nurturing us. Because the food we eat has evolved into something rather shocking. Before you relegate me into just another “foodie” with a “conspiracy” problem, here’s my opinion on both counts:

To me, a foodie is someone who puts on airs about food. That’s not me. I just wanna eat (and share) good stuff.

As for conspiracies, I’m way too analytical… I tend to play devil’s advocate in just about any argument, if only to keep the tables balanced, and the minds sitting around that table wide open.

So imagine my surprise when I began to see the word “foodie” associated with a different kind of person — not just someone who loves to cook and/or eat, but someone who’s woken up to what’s happening with our food… someone who’s grown more than a little concerned about how much food has been radically altered in the last couple of decades.

It’s not a conspiracy, it’s just plain and simple good intentions (feeding ourselves, feeding the world) that have run a little bit amok.



So if that’s what a “foodie” is starting to become, I’ll gladly embrace it. With both hands (knife in one, fork in the other), while doing my best to wake up a few minds along the way.

My Mission:


  •     To track down original, valid study sources and references wherever possible.
  •     To read the study, article, and related references thoroughly.
  •     To draw my own conclusions – based on my background in regulatory affairs and biotechnology.
  •     To source, organize, and clearly communicate information that helps others make informed choices.
  •     To be a humble resource for healthy humans all around the globe.

Got questions? I’ll do my best to answer!
Just post your question or comment below; I’ll respond as quickly as I can.


© GMO-Awareness.com, 2011–2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to GMO-Awareness.com with appropriate and specific links back to the original content."

Check out GMO-Awareness