Translate

Search the site

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Men Who SMILE At Women Are Sexist (Says Study) By Marina Margulis

This is misandry not feminism.

Stupidness.
Smile away!! Although I will say this. ALL bodies are beautiful and sexy, not women. Women do not need a man's jacket unless they are dating and in that case I would also offer my boyfriend a jacket because I love and care for him and he loves and cares for me and doesn't want me to be cold. However,some of y'all are just gender-baiting. I don't agree that a woman must be feminine. Of course if she wants to she can, but gender is a spectrum and some women are more butch than others and some are very feminine and some men are more feminine than others and that is okay. thisis like pointing out gender ever more. If a guy smiles at you, maybe he smiled at a bunch of guys that were in front of you as well. If my boyfriend and I go out and he pays it's because I'll get the dinner the next time,or something, not because he's a misogynist.
 If he hold an umbrella for me it's because he loves me and wants to protect me. I'll hold it for him next time. Lesbian and gay couples do the same.

"According to a new study done by psychologists Jin Goh and Judith Hall of Northeastern University, gestures like the ones above mean you're a "Benevolent Sexist."
The study examined the social interaction of 27 pairs of American undergraduate women and men, first while playing a trivia game and then chatting together. Observers analyzed their interactions and counted non-verbal cues, such as smiles. (Yes, gentlemen, smiles. They, too, apparently indicate benevolent sexism.)

"Benevolent sexism is like a wolf in sheep's clothing," states Hall, "that perpetuates support for gender inequality among women at an interpersonal level," stated Hall. "These supposed gestures of good faith may entice women to accept the status quo in society because sexism literally looks welcoming, appealing, and harmless."

I have three words for these researchers—STOP THE MADNESS!

Benevolent sexism? If you ask me, everything on their list of so-called "benevolent sexism" has been on my chivalry list since ... forever. Along with refusing to split the bill or holding an umbrella above a woman when it rains—the list goes on and on."

See entire article @ yourTango