Translate

Search the site

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Check out the #StayMarried blog

About, taken from website:

"Why does this blog exist?

This blog is an attempt at solving my insomnia problem. In the short time that Tony and I have been married, we have witnessed innumerable couples separate and divorce, and this makes it hard for me to sleep. I get angry about divorce. I feel devastated with each story I hear. I began to feel hopeless about marriage altogether. Then, over the course of a few restless months, I began to tweet little things about marriage with the hashtag #staymarried simply to encourage the couples I knew. The response I got was overwhelming. People began to share their stories with me, arguments they were having with their husband or wife, desires to be happily married and realities that they might be on the brink of separation.
logo
It became clear that 140 characters might not be enough. Insecure as I’ve been, I think I have more to say and I’m hoping to spin all of this frustration I have about divorce into hope and resources for couples who want to stay married. I began to write, I began to sleep better. I realize the stats are bleak when it comes to couples staying together, but I have hope that we can do something about it. I have hope that I am not the only person out there who will fight for their marriage. I have hope that there are couples who are struggling, but are willing to learn some new ways of doing things and take on some new perspectives so that they don’t end up standing in front of a judge one day listing the details of their marriage and watching a gavel fall on its demise."