Translate

Search the site

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Respectability By Gabi

"I’m constantly told by readers and followers on social media that they wish they had my body. It’s meant to be flattering, but really it makes me sad. I’m not flattered. I want to break barriers and help people feel like they can break the rules, not leave them feeling like because they don’t look like me, they have to stick to them.
plus-size-midi-skirt-crop-top
 One thing I hear often is “I wish I had your flat stomach!” It’s true that depending on the lighting, angles, shapewear etc, that my tummy can look flatter than it actually is, but I promise it’s there. We shouldn’t feel like we can’t wear body con skirts or dresses because we’re afraid it will be seen, like its mere existence is shameful. In the body positive world, we call it ‘rocking the VBO’ (visible belly outline). It’s okay. Your body is okay."
See the entire article @ Gabi Fresh