Translate

Search the site

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

'My gastric bypass ruined my life - now I can only eat ice cubes'

If you can decide to get the gastric band or bypass, just decide to lose the weight. Or, exercise more and eat organic foods (homemade kale chips are delicious) . If you can't eat less, eat healthy! yes, it IS that easy. Knock-off Doritos can be made at home,, knock off Twix can be made at home using organic ingredients. If anything, they taste better than the real thing.

 Get hypnotized, or even the HGC diet because you can stop it at any time you feel sick or uncomfortable.'

"Miss Wall said: 'My GP said he was really worried - that I would need to start losing weight as a matter of urgency.
He referred me to a consultant who recommended that I have a gastric bypass through NHS funding.
'I knew it was a drastic step, but I'd tried every diet under the sun without any success, so the idea of being able to make a lasting change was very appealing.

'I thought of myself running around in the park with the children, and was drawn to the idea.'
Miss Wall asked advice from her mother Muriel and her partner Marley, 40, a painter and decorator.
She said: 'My mum warned me to have a serious think about. She said she would prefer it if I didn't go through with it, because she knew it was a major operation which carried major risks.
'Marley was unsure too. He'd met and fallen in love with me when I was at my biggest, and was happy with the way I was. He said all he cared about was whether I was happy, so if I really wanted to do it, he would support me.'

After weighing up her options, Miss Wall went under the knife in April 2008. Within two months she had lost 3st.
She said: 'I could barely eat any food. Whatever I did manage to swallow made my stomach turn. I felt sick all the time.'
In the summer of 2010 Miss Wall discovered that she was pregnant with her third child.
She said: 'Carrying a child having been through the operation was a huge challenge. Marley and I were ecstatic but it was a really tough pregnancy and I was sick morning, noon and night.
'Instead of being full of life I was tired all the time. I tried my best to carry on but it was extremely tough.'

Following the birth of Theo in April 2011, Miss Wall calculated that she had lost a huge 10st - and the weight loss showed no signs of slowing.
As she settled into her new figure, Miss Wall began to struggle with the permanent effects of the surgery.
She said: 'All I could manage was the tiniest portions at dinner time.
Marley was concerned - he thought there was no way I could eat as little as I was and still be healthy.
'There were times when all I could manage was sucking on a ice-cube because I felt so unnaturally full.
'My energy dipped to practically zero and simple pleasures, like spending time alone with Marley and chasing around after the children, became a huge chore.'I used to love having hot baths, but I had shrunk so much that lying in the bath became too uncomfortable as the enamel pressed against my spine. Sitting on hard seats was excruciating.'
Now weighing just over 8st and having shrunk from size 24 to a tiny size 6, Miss Wall has found that she struggles to buy clothes which properly fit her.
She said: 'I buy a few bags of ice cubes and eat a pint of them throughout the day. It's the best compromise I can find to keep my mind off food, since most food makes me feel extremely nauseous.
'I can't go out for meals with Marley any more and worst of all, my dream of being active with the children seems further away than ever.'
Doctors are currently reviewing Miss Wall's situation and she is hopeful that she will one day find a solution to allow her to each proper meals again.
She said: 'It's important that people realise that gastric operations come with significant risk. My life has changed out of all recognition.
'I completely regret having the gastric bypass. I wish I'd never done it. It's just such a shame that I had to get to this point to realise that I was happier when I was overweight.' "

See the entire article @ Daily Mail