Translate

Search the site

Monday, July 21, 2014

Fat People Deserve to Eat @ LoveLiveGrow

"...Eventually I got really indignant about this: I’m allowed to eat whatever I want! Being fat should not sentence me to hunger after my meals! Fuck anyone who thinks otherwise! These days I think nothing of ordering whatever I want and however much I want.

But not every fat person has that ability. How many fat people are hungry when they leave the meals where people can see – their families, their coworkers, strangers in public? I get pissed when I think about all these hungry fat people running around!

That “common wisdom” that fat people are already eating too much is a lie, of course. The latest research I’ve seen to address this point has this to say:

    “Contrary to our expectations, differences among BMI classes in the intake of energy and macronutrient composition were modest. Obese individuals reported consuming less energy each day, and a somewhat smaller percentage of energy from carbohydrate, compared with underweight/normal weight individuals. These results suggest that obese individuals did not, as one would expect from our current understanding of maintenance energy requirement, consume more energy than their underweight/normal weight peers, nor did they consume diets that were dramatically different in macronutrient content.”
ere’s rule number one when talking to and about fat people (or anyone, really!) and their food:

What other people eat is none of your goddamn business. Strangers in restaurants are definitely none of your business. No surreptitious phone pics. No mooing sounds. No looking at their plates funny. None. But no one else’s food is your business, either. Even if you’re in a relationship together. Even if you’re related. Even if you’re “worried about their health”, because their health is also none of your goddamn business. No snide comments about “are you going to eat all that?”, “haven’t you had enough, honey?” and other condescending bullshit. Keep your eyes on your own plate!"

See more of the article @ LoveLiveGrow