Translate

Search the site

Thursday, June 5, 2014

What does a real woman look like anyway?

She starts to "fat-shame" but redeems herself and makes a u-turn,so it isn't a "fat-shaming" post. She does;however,make a valid point. People are "thin-shaming" these models and that is not okay either.
We are ALL in this together!

"You guys all know that I am a huge advocate of loving your body and reaching your best potential regardless of your shape, size, color, background etc. It has nothing to do with how small your waist is or how big the distance between your thighs are. It has nothing to do with how you look. It has everything to do with who you are.

You, I, Monique and Alyssa – we are ALL real women.
We all strive to represent fit, active, healthy people who work hard to look the way we do and feel the way we do. Let me make this clear too: We are not here to represent the “average woman”. Nope. Because I don’t want to be average. I want to be the best version of myself and I hope that you want to be the A+ version of yourself too.
[edit 3:59AM] In the above paragraph, I just want to clarify that I didn’t mean I don’t want to ever show size 14 women. I mean in a motivational sense, I want to showcase women who are strong, beautiful, and unstoppable. Women who go beyond average and push their own boundaries regardless their size. The use of the word “average” swaps a little in that paragraph.
The reason why Blogilates even exists is because I want to ignite the strength, the power, and the beauty that every woman has within. Together, we are all here to inspire everybody to get up, get fit, and have fun while doing it.

So let me get back to Monique and Alyssa. My girls aren’t photoshopped to create a look that is unattainable and they aren’t starving themselves or practicing unhealthy and dangerous habits to get their bodies. (Trust me, we ate lunch together and they finished the whole thing.) I don’t want to have to defend them but when people are putting down my friends, it’s not okay. Ever. They are human, they have emotions, and they probably read those comments too.
Everyone has a talent to share with the world. Your job is to find it and WORK IT. Turn that talent into your career…your passion…your contribution to the world."

See more @ Blogilates